Friday, December 12, 2003

We just had a Secret Santa party at my work. For weeks, I've been leaving presents for my assigned person, but I haven't received any. I'd somehow convinced myself that my Secret Santa was just saving up all their attention for the last day and was going to present me with some lavish gift at the closing party. There were many such gifts at the party and, after they were all handed out, I didn't have one. Then everyone opened their presents one by one and tried to guess who their Secret Santa was. I was the last person and I had to admit that I didn't have a gift and I hadn't received anything this whole season. Then the man who checked the master list realized he'd forgotten to assign me to anyone. The entire room full of my co-workers turned to me, jutted out their bottom lips in unison and said, "Awwwwwwww...." with so much pity it nearly knocked me over. I felt like Tiny Tim without a crutch.
After the party, the organizer gave me $40 in Thai food trade to compensate, which is A-OK. Maybe I won't turn Bah Humbug quite yet.
In closing, I'd just like to remind everybody about Amber's butt.

No comments: