Monday, April 26, 2004

Alright, alright already. I'll blog dammit. The Stella show was fun, but it would have been more fun if anyone I knew was there and also if there had been any place to sit down. (My feet started to hurt by the third hour.) The format was three guys in suits (all of whom used to be on that show "The State") doing a sort of three-way stand-up routine. There were no breaks and the topics were all over the place. They were good at the segueways though, because I kept trying to retrace their train of thought in my head and I couldn't really. Some of the highlights: The way Michael Ian Black kept mentioning that he had been on VH1's "I Love the 80s" show, as if he had reached this career height far beyond the other two; the Zots and Crumbles bit (I can't explain it in writing); their analysis of "Who Let the Dogs Out?" ("The Baja Men don't force an answer down your throats. They let the ambiguity stand. Who let the dogs out?"), and the wild and crazy bare-assed simulated sex. Bet you wish you'd gotten a ticket, now! I wish you did, too, cause I was laughin' with myself, laughin' with myself, oh oh oh oh...

No comments: