Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Wow....it's been a crazy holiday weekend! Thursday was a very special and uber fun night for me, I had a Short Bus show I booked over at Capitol Garage, before hand I had a BBQ/cocktail party at my place with all the bands and friends and fans! I was extra happy because a good but far away friend of mine Jacy (who plays in Askeleton & End Transmission) who lives in Minnesota's band was one of the bands on the bill to play the show that night and I haven't seen him in a year and a half, but we've done a great job of keeping in touch through email and phone calls....so when I heard him knock on my door it was truly a happy time! He was followed into my house with rest of the band and we all partied before the show! The other bands on the bill that night were Killing Buddha, The Woods and The Velveteen side project; The New Trust! Afterwards I went with the bands to Lyons and we ate junk food till 3:00 am....after a few hours all the nice kids from Askeleton came over and crashed with me, I was sad to see them all drive away that afternoon, we sure had fun, but their tour had to continue! That evening I went to one of the coolest, biggest underground parties...it started at a parking lot/warehouse near 25th and R st...there were near 200 people there, all my downtown friends from over the years were there, it was amazing, then we got kicked out and then the party got moved to the art warehouse at Broadway and 5th, it ended up being this sort of tailgate renegade style party, nearing close to 300 people now....I was operating a mini bar out of the trunk of my car making sure all my friends had a drink in hand....then there was a band that set up to play in the parking lot....super cool electro dance band, then one of my fav Sac bands; Mr. Metaphor played...amazing...my good friend Angelie and I were blasting some Miss Kitty out of her car....running around like a couple of school girls....my other dear friends; Adam, Candice, Andrew, Nick, Robbie and I were all cruising this crazy party and running amuck. I ended up getting to sleep at 4:00 after the cops came and kicked us all out....this is by far one of the best Sac parties I've been to. Sundays cd recording for our ICBINC cd was super fun, it was my first time in a recording studio and I took some cool pics I'll share soon! The time went by fast and afterwards we had a Lil' party and ate and drank! :)

No comments: