Monday, July 14, 2003

Holy crapola, The Trash Film Orgy was out of control. I took the week off thinking I was going to be out of town. I ended up stuck in Sac, so for the first time ever I went to the TFO as an audience member and just took in the show with lots of heckling, hooting, cheering and booing. Oh man, what a show. Meat wrestling madness, roller girls brawling in front of the theatre and then again in the theatre durring intermission, our Queen of Trash is JUST SO TRASHY. The movie was Faster Pussycat Kill Kill which is a great flick and the audience was the largest audience ever for a midnight film. I tell ya, it's just a matter of time before TFO sells The Crest out at midnight.
It gets weirder and weirder for me, leaving something that's such a success. I still feel that I'm doing the right thing and that I've got to put my energy into what I realy love and not just stick with something because it's a hit. And ICBINC is a hit as well, but Skit Comedy is gonna take much longer to build this kind of crowd. I'm proud of my role in getting The TFO going and in bringing Darin and Christy together with Sid, The Crest, DJ Junior and some of the others that I dragged into this thing.
Miles, Ben and Xeno went to SF Saturday Night to play in the SF Sketchfest showcase, which was also and audition for the Sketchfest, then they hauled booty back to Sac so they could be at TFO. We'll hear soon from the Sketchfest so keep your fingers crossed. We're now booked at the 848 club on August 1st and at the Marsh Comedy Festival in SF on August 15th and 16. The 8th we're in LA and the 9th we're in Pomona, so we're keeping pretty damn busy.

No comments: