Sunday, January 19, 2003

I went to the big ol' San Francisco peace march with Xeno. 40,000 people in the streets. Amazing. There was very little police presence. I think I saw one cop car the whole time. The march was a creative, fun event. Obviously there's some anger at the insane administration that we've ended up with but for the most part I saw a lot of positive responses to the anger. The most amazing part for me was getting home and watching the news. They actualy did some accurate reporting. They said how many people were at the event without playing it down, they portrayed the crowd as including many families and everyday folks instead of just focusing in on the freaks (no offense, I love the freaks), they reported that peace protests were staged in over thirty other countries as well as in Washington DC today. This is the first time in my life that I've been at an event that was covered by the news where they didn't totally misrepresent it. It feels like we're going to war either way. I'm allowing some optimism that we may be able to sway the war pigs but It's difficult to hope.
If you're reading this and you haven't seen us, No, we're not realy a political comedy troupe. Some politics creep in but it's rare. Mostly we just make fun of everybody and everything. This journal is my forum to mouth off.
AMBER'S BIRTHDAY PARTY WAS TODAY TOO. Lot's of fun at the roller rink. Amber has soooo many friends. This is why we must destroy her. We've got her cursing, next we'll get her drinking, then doping, then petting the cat THE WRONG DIRECTION, MWA HA HA HA HA!

SO any way, check www.xenophilia.com every day. Xeno's putting up pictures from the peace demonstration soon.

No comments: