Saturday, February 04, 2006

The Alexander Technique

Hoopla! Becca and I just returned from a 2 hour introductory course in the Alexander Technique. I won't go in to all of the details, not that it's some secrect society I just don't want to get bogged down. Basically, the method is about posture, breathing, body alignment. After just a short 2 hour introductory course I feel GREAT! Like I just had a nap followed by an Espresso Metro Zap Frappe! Can't wait to get to the theatre tonight. Rrrrrr!

Last night's show, by the way, was awesome and totally redeemed old people for me. Last week we had a crowd of older folks (see KLJ's blog entry for all the gorey details) who, despite having all of our comedic charm thrown at them, just weren't going for it. So, you can imagine how dismayed I was when the first folks to arrive for last night's show were of the, shall we say, " old" persuasion. But let me tell you, this audience rocked! KLJ even got one lady to get up on stage during the opening monologue and read titles like "The Vagina Hater" and "Vagina's Make You Gay" from the program. Bet saying "vagina" on stage in front of a crowd wasn't on her to-do list for the day. Hmm, water plants, pick up prescriptions, say "vagina" in front of a bunch of strangers. Nope. Anyway, the crowd was clearly loving the show and on exit I realized that once again we had a big showing of the over 60 set. But these were the cool old people. The kind I want to be when I grow up. Yeah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree the Alexander Technique is amazing stuff. A great place to learn more is at http://alexandertechnique.com