Saturday, June 28, 2003

Well tonight The Trash Film Orgy kicks off. Many ICBINC folks are involved. Sid as Evil Sid, Amber as the Nurse, Cheerleader or whatever roll requires her beautifulness, Ben will be a Zombie killer durring opening night, hopefully he will play the wolfman again at some point this year. He does a great wolf man.
Miles will get in there somewhere.
ICBINC alumnus Zach, Amy, and Darin are also involved. Christy is not officialy an ICBINC Alumni but she helped with the art and even did a little puppeteering for us in the beginning. She is becoming the main organizer of The TFO, a job I used to hold. I am now MC, and MC only as I hand over my production duties. It's unusual for me to be involved in a project I neither producer nor direct. Weirder still since TFO was my brain fart, having grown out of the Tuesday Night Grindhouse show I used to put on with Bryna (my sweetie) and DJ Junior (back then he was just Patrick).
I'm also a little weird about having to go be funny when I'm pretty down in the dumps today. I lost my pet bird. Me and my girlfriend are both pretty devastated. this bird was like our baby. We got him when he was so young that Bryna had to feed him with a syringe. I bought him from a woman who's pet birds had had babies and she was crying as she handed him over to me, but she knew she couldn't keep all the babies. I sure will miss him.
But, tonight I will put on my smile and go be funny and obnoxious. I remember nights at Spike and Mike's Animation Festival when my head would be pounding so bad that I'd be laying down in the lobby under a bench, but come show time I'd get up and intro the show, and crack jokes and shake hands and then I'd crawl back under the bench till the next show. I can't complain. My brothers have gone out and worked construction in over 100 degree heat. I guess I got it easy. The difference is they didn't have to pretend they were happy. Oh well, I wouldn't trade places if I could.
Here's a picture of my bird sitting on my girlfriends finger.

No comments: