Sunday, October 05, 2003

SO, we started getting the photos done and we're out in this parking lot across the street from my house splattering blood all over ourselves. I asked Irina who did our last flyer and poster to come supervise the shoot so that she got what she needed for the new flyer/poster. I'm too much of a control freak though and I ended up overriding her on several decisions. It hit me last night that what we end up with working this way is either Irina's vision watered down by me, or my vision watered down by Irina. I hate compromise in art. I took the disk of photos this morning, gave them to Irina and said "Here. Design the flyer your way. Do whatever you want. I don't care how you use the photos or if you use the photos at all." She seems excited to be free to do what she does, and I feel better too. I chose Irina for this project because she's such an awesome artist, I don't know why it took my so long to realize what I needed to do. I would like for us to create a whole scene around us the way the Buzzcocks did, the way Sigue Sigue Sputnik did the way Andy Warhol did. And that doesn't happen by having a bunch of artists all compromising themselves it happens by putting the right people together and letting everyone do what they do well.
So, anyway, I feel good. I feel like we're going to get great flyers and posters and like Irina's gonna be a lot happier being our graphics arts person. Hell, she's definately not doing it for the money.
Hmmm, I wonder what we will end up with?
This is an odd show. Probably our strangest combination of skits and anti-skits ever. AND...THE PUPPETS ARE BACK!

No comments: